Thursday, August 18, 2011


There are tons of products on the market for keeping your natural hair looking fierce. Recently women have been embracing their birth given texture and wearing it like “no other”.  Of course with celeb natural hair ambassadors like Traci Ellis Ross, Solange Knowles, and Angela Simmons 
natural hair is receiving the attention it deserves. 

You don’t always have to go to the store to keep your hair hydrated. Open the fridge, pantry and closet and you have your own personal beauty supply store at your finger tips.


The eggs & mayo combination has been passed for ages and yet I still had not tried it until recently. 


Benefits
The primary ingredients in mayonnaise are oil, lemon juice and protein-rich egg yolk, which add moisture and improve the manageability of hair

Egg whites are packed with protein, and egg yolks are rich in vitamins including vitamin D, which promotes hair growth. The fatty acids in egg yolk reduce problems with fly-away hair and give locks a luminous appearance.

I took two eggs and 4 table spoons of mayo and mixed it in a large bowl.



Once mixture began to infuse, the mayo and eggs made a thick paste.  


Simple as 1,2,3 my mixture was done.



I then took my hair and parted it into four sections tying it with a black hair tie.


With each section I took the good lather of the egg and mayo mixture and applied it thoroughly.



As soon as I begun to apply the mixture I was pleasantly surprised how there was an instant shine.



Once my hair was saturated with the home remedy, I took my shower cap and left to sit for 30 minutes. 

This process does tend to get a bit messy so I suggest wearing a T-shirt you don’t mind getting dirty and wrapping a towel around your neck.Once 30 minutes was up I rinsed out the mixture from my hair with luke warm water and then conditioned it with the “Just The Basics Conditioner “for normal hair.
 
I didn’t have time to finish my normal process after treating my hair which usually includes a two strand twist. However the after effects of air drying were soft, light, and fresh!!

Try out the recipe and tell me how it works for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...